Scrimshaw

Home Forums Scrimshaw Scrimshaw

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ewashent 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ewashent
    Keymaster

Scrimshaw is kind of a long lost art and I would like to bring it back to a more recognized form of art. Like Pyrography there is so much you can do with it. Plus I am still learning this craft and would love to learn more about it myself, so lets get some awesome threads going about it.

ewashent
    Keymaster

I posted today a list of tools I find essential. Let me know if I have missed anything and what you find to be your essential must have tools.

ewashent
    Keymaster

I was in a local machinist supply shop awhile ago and noticed that many of them stock machinist scribers that have ultra fine tips. Many where also interchangeable and came in various metals like Tungsten Carbide. The prices varied depending on the metal but I thought it would be a good place for the beginner to find a wide variety of styles to choose from to suit your particular needs. Plus hobby shops and most tool supply stores just do not have the variety of scribers that a machinist supply store would have.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.