Here is another little project that I have been meaning to try for a long time. I had a small set of deer antlers lying around when we moved to our acreage and thought they would go well in our log home for that rustic look.
I saw a mounting kit on sale at princess auto and figured that there is no time like the present.
The preparation of the deer skull was the most difficult part of the project. Plus I think that it might not be for everyone, especially people with weak stomachs. Sawing off pieces of the skull was kind of creepy and was my least favourite job. That finished the rest was your normal fit and finishing work to get the cover over the skull cap fitting snug and centered.
My wife is not big on hanging dead animals on the wall so I found it a home in my man cave over my dart board. 🙂