This month I decided to go with another book that is not geared towards guitar building or wood working. It is more to do with health and well being and which I figure is pretty important too. If we did not feel good and were not healthy then we would not be able to pursue our passions and live a meaningful life. The book is called “Wheat Belly” by William Davis, M.D.
“Wheat Belly” is a provocative look at how eliminating wheat, even so-called healthy whole grain wheat, from our diets is the key to permanent weight loss and can offer relief from a broad spectrum of health and digestive problems.
Drawing on decades of clinical studies and extraordinary results he has observed after putting thousands of his patients on wheat-free regimens, Dr. William Davis makes a compelling case against this ubiquitous ingredient. A wheat-free diet has been associated with significant benefits, including :
- weight loss of 20, 30, even 50 pounds in the first few months.
- Alleviation of metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes.
- Recovery from intestinal woes, like ulcerative colitis and celiac disease.
- Marked improvement in overall cholesterol counts.
- Improvement in bone density and reversal of osteopenia.
- Cessation of skin conditions from psoriasis to oral ulcers to hair loss.
- Reduction of inflammation and rheumatoid arthritis pain.
Readable, thought-provoking, and carefully researched, “Wheat Belly” offers a new and vitally important perspective on the most critical health concerns of our time.